Written by Umang Saini
TouchAfter much deliberation, the price cut ($300 to $229) turned me in. I bought the 8GB 2nd Gen iPod Touch in October. Here's my review
- Calendar, Clock, Photos, Safari
- Free Apps (Dictionaire, Facebook, Remote, Games)
- Bright beautiful 3.5" display
- Built in speaker
- Light weight and sleek.
- Greenest iPod ever. (See specs)
- Battery life with Wi-fi enabled
- No button to pause/play/skip
- Accurate rewind/forward in Audio Books is impossible.
- Cannot use as flash storage
- Display is not true 16:9 (like N97 will be!)
- Indian iTunes Store is severely handicapped. No Music, No Podcasts and fewer apps.
- Users cannot replace battery
Desirable additions (in order of preference)
- Add built in microphone (to use more iPhone apps and Voip)
- Add GPS
- Add FM
- Build the Indian iTunes store
- BB Bold - ~$850 (unlocked in India) - Smaller screen, Cost
- Zune 120GB - $249 - Smaller screen
- Asus Aspire One - $379 - 8.9" Linux - Cost, weight
My next hand-held would be either BB Bold OR Nokia E71 when 3G services launch in Bengaluru in April'09.
p.s. - Why not an iPhone 3G in April? - Cost and I already have an iPod Touch :-)
p.s. - Why iPod after having denounced PMPs and eulogizing a Zune over an iPod earlier? Because of the display, apps and audio books.
Update - Added the point on environmental goodness.