Fifth time is a charm. First a statistic, I made 13 pledges last year, and only one of them were successful firmly. 9 failed outright, and 3 were partial successes. So 5 out of 13 got some traction. This got me thinking about taking the pledges seriously. Here we go once more. Hopefully next year I will have a better success rate.
Outright Failures from last year, and not attempting again
- One book a week
- Minimize Disposable-Plastic Use
- Learn a New Language
- No Carrom
- Catch up with TED (220 pending, 66-hours behind)
- Run, 5km a week
- Exercise (minimum 5 times a week)
- Public Transport
Partial Success, and continuing
- Minimal milk based beverages, No Soft-Drinks
- 60 km per week cycling, annual 3000km (attempted 80 last year) stats
- Vegan (90%) (attempted 95% last year, declined compliance)
Successful and continuing
- 7-year lock in
New and Revised ones
- One book a month
- Yoga + Exercise + Run + Cycle - minimum twice a week
New and Experimental - This is a new category. I am not sure I will be able to comply with these, however I still want to make an attempt at the same
- Disposable Packaging - I will keep a log of all packaged goods I do end up buying this year. It’s an attempt to minimize the amount of stuff I throw in a dustbin, even when if it gets recycled. Essentially the preference to buy stuff without packaging and highly recyclable products.
- Travel - Make time to travel within India, especially Eastern portions.
Drowning in the flood of Capitalism, I’ve dropped my attempts at being Frugal.